Sunday, March 1, 2009

Is this the "WOMEN" members Barry Williams is referring to?

Hahahahahahaha Barry Williams is always pointing out that he has women involved in the part of his Fathers Rights group called Lone Fathers Association.
Back in 2007 his website showed some illuminating contributions from these lovely ladies. We've highlighted in red some extremely interesting excerpts.


NITA SHAW
National Treasurer


Nita Shaw Hi, I am Nita I have been involved with the Lone Fathers Association for over 20 years. I WAS the first female life member of the association, and I am at present the National Treasurer. I have a great feeling for what this organisation does and stands for which is fairness and equality for both parents and the children after marriage or relationship breakdown.

Over the many years I have witnessed the many many important changes to family law and child support this organisation has achieved. I have also witnessed the thousands and thousands of voluntary unpaid hours that the committees both national and branches give to help others.

I myself have taken countless thousands of calls from stressed out parents who want to be able to see their children, (and they have that legal right) but the system has failed them. Thankfully I can see improvements, but as our National President always says there is still a long way to go before we achieve full fairness and equality, and only shared equal parenting can do that. I have many times been abused by those we have tried to help but it did not daunt nor change my mind as I know those who did the abuse did not mean it they were stressed to the limit by a system that failed them. I am not only talking about men because we take calls from mums and grandparents who also can’t see their children. That’s the beauty of this organisation it helps men and women. Equality is what we aim to achieve, and I am proud to be part of this great organisation.



FAE STACEY
National Secretary


Fae Stacey I have worked with sole parents since early 90’s and became actively involved in support in 2002 after attending a Child Support Seminar.

Know what Domestic Violence is as suffered personally on the old level in early 70’s. where the police had to take me from my marital home. At that time, I had to sign my children away for 6 weeks till the court case for their own safety. My eldest child was 4. In that 6 weeks I had to go cotton chipping 12 hour days @ $1 per hour. Scrounged from the dump for furniture to set up house in order to get my children back. I have 3 Daughters and 9 grandchildren.

Also know what it is like not receiving child support (or as it was called Maintainance) and the heartache of the children waiting on the steps for fathers access to be left there another week.

Having been on the receiving end, I can still understand and have empathy for those parents that are missing out on access. There is nothing a child needs more when growing up than to know they are loved by both parents.

In my role as National Secretary, I have accompanied Barry while he has presented the new changes to the Child Support and Family Law. In doing that I have served 2 purposes and they are taking notes of the presentation and the other more important was to be seen as a female in what was perceived as a men’s group. I also attended the National Conference where I found it to be most informative. I also attended the opening of the joint Medicare and CSA at Parramatta where in my role I had the honour of meeting the Minister Joe Hockey.

I really enjoy my position in assisting both males and females with problems. I will be unable to get out into the public eye for a couple of months but do intend to continue as soon as my circumstances allow me to

This association is heading in the right direction in requiring equality for the children after separation of the parents and is very much needed in the community.

Life would be so much easier if people accessed all available for a smoother transition for the children.



LORNA DONNELLY
Honorary Member


Lorna Donnelly My name is Lorna Donnelly and I am an honorary member of LFAA. The Lone Fathers Association Australia was started by Barry Williams in Canberra and Barry has worked tirelessly for the rights of the fathers, mothers and children for many years now.
Barry was a lone father with young children and he has bought about changes to help lone fathers to have the right to parenting support benefit.

Over the years he has mentally, emotionally, physically and psychologically and with ½ hour legal support hundreds of families to bring about hope and support for families where there was none and sadly many fathers committed suicide. It is obvious to me that Barry will continue to work for fathers, mothers and children mainly fathers because they have a greater responsibility to the family to pay for almost everything after the marriage breakdown, most of the time leaving the father with nothing to live on.

I now live in Cairns and myself and husband more so my husband has supported families in Cairns. My husband gives advise and support to the local fathers who need help and they in turn can help themselves and others. It can be emotionally hard at times, rewarding and testing neurologically (gives me …..). Still today they will come around to our place to ask for advise, thank my husband for helping them.

We thank Barry for having started the LFAA and now many Persons are actively involved with making changes.

The Lone Fathers Association Australia with its founder Barry Williams have opened branches around Australia helping men women and children to cope with their losses and bring about legal and political changes for a fairer system for all concerned in the family.

It is my belief that if you do not have justice, honesty and fairness in families, you don’t have a country to believe in.



Haha so you have George Donnelly's lovely mail order bride, the nice lady who takes notes and admits that it is her role to show that women are a part of the mens groups and Nita who doesn't mind getting abused? LOL LOL LOL

No comments: