Monday, August 11, 2008

Get Off the SoapBox Artemis!

Artemis replied to Solemother:
"I worked as a single mum, stressed out like nothing, badly in debt. I bought my clothes from lifeline and when on sale. What I got in the hand, less daycare, less rent (no rent assist when you work), less tax was less than parenting payment.Of course, I could have stayed home, gone through CSA rather than a private agreement and focussed on my children and my new vocation as martyr.Instead, I chose to work and now have a much higher paid job than I did then.I knocked back lots of jobs, because I could not work the hours required with young children. These are the sacrifices you make when you are a mum.Had I stayed with my ex, I would be a VERY wealthy woman now. Extremely high double income. Lavish house. We would probably have gone on some very nice overseas holidays with the children.But I stand by the choices I have made. I am still happier now, than I was then and am happy most of the time. My health is good and I feel appreciated and loved. There's not much more you can ask for.As for dating. There is a definite 2 year lull when you separate/divorce. It doesn't matter how many children are clinging to your heels. I think it takes you that long to get your head clear and hold a conversation that does not centre on the ex and what a jerk he was."

You try to make youself sound oh so noble and independent Artemis, when the reality is you got a lot of taxpayer funded help including the baby bonus, you were on a pension, got a crisis payment to leave your ex, your current husband doesn't work and got legal aid as well as free legal advice and most likely pays the barest minimum in Child Support. Hmmmm

No comments: